Whether you're an in-store or online shopper, there's something satisfying about finding a perfect fit. That said, international sizes can vary from brand to brand and can make shoe shopping a little trickier. Thankfully, we're breaking down everything you need to do (and know) about choosing your perfect shoe size. Get ready to screenshot and keep these tips in your back pocket.
Keep scrolling to find our handy "women's" international shoe size chart.
Measure Your Feet
Serious about getting the perfect fit the first time around? Measure your feet.
- Make sure you're standing on a flat surface
- Trace the outline of your foot on a piece of paper. Keep your pen as perpendicular to the paper as possible to produce the most accurate outline
- On the tracing you've created, use a ruler to measure from edge of your heel to the tip of your longest toe
- Use Chart One below to convert the length of your feet to a U.S. shoe size
|Chart One: Measurement|
|Inches||Centimeters||U.S. & Canada||Europe||UK|
International "Women's" Shoe Size Conversion Chart
Now that you have an accurately measured U.S. shoe size, use Chart Two below to find its equivalent in China, Australia, Europe, Mexico, Japan, and the United Kingdom.
|Chart Two: International shoe size equivalents|
How to Shop for Shoes Online
If you're buying shoes online, keep these tips in mind:
- Always check the retailer's return policy for any shoes you buy.
- These measurements don't take into account the thickness or width of your foot, so check if the shoes come in varying widths. These are usually denoted by "AA" (narrow), "B" (average), "C/D" (wide), or "E" (extra wide). Additionally, you might see "M," indicating a "medium" width.
- Consider the socks you plan to wear, if any. They can take up room and make shoes feel tighter.
- No two feet are exactly the same size—measure them both and use the larger measurement.
- Feet tend to swell a bit as the day goes on, or after you stand on them for a while. Measure your feet when they're at their largest.
- Consider the materials, manufacturing techniques, embellishments, and other factors that can affect the way a shoe fits.
- Check the reviews for the shoes you're considering and look for comments regarding how true to size they run.
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart
The Essential Guide to Men's Shoe Sizing in Inches
Women's Shoe Width Size Chart
Men's Shoe Size and Widths Chart
Children's International Shoe Size Conversion Chart
A Guide to Wearing High Heels for Beginners
Men's Shoe Width Letters Decoded
Clothing Size Conversion Charts for Shopping Abroad
Women's Bowling Shoe Size Conversion Chart
Toddler Shoe Tips and Baby Shoe Sizes: U.S. Versus European
Baby Shoes: US, UK, and European Size Chart for Baby Shoes
Narrow Shoes for Women
U.S. Women's Apparel Size Charts
Top Online Retailers for Large Size Women's Shoes
Where to Buy Men's Large Size Shoes Online
How to Try on Shoes to Guarantee Best Fit