I am very results-driven when it comes to my life, as well as my skincare routine. If something isn’t working, it’s gone. All this to say I’ve tried and cut many formulas from my arsenal over the years—it’s an occupational hazard—and I’ve only stuck with the ones that work. And by work, I mean do what they claim and make my skin look healthy, supple, glowing, and even.
It’s a tall order, even for the best products, and while I can be discerning, I also fall hard. I am here to tell you I have absolutely fallen for Orora’s duo of skin-loving products. A serum and moisturizer that work best as a pair, the brand’s Bioactive Collagen Serum and Cream have changed my skin and nurtured it in all the best ways. Below, find out more about the products I’m shouting about from any rooftop I can find.
What It Is
Orora Bioactive Collagen Serum and Cream offer two powerful treatments with vegan, bio-identical human collagen (which means it is entirely animal-free). Formulated to target signs of aging—including wrinkle reduction and loss of firmness—the blend provides deep hydration while reducing irritation and redness in your skin. This is an effective product for everyone, including all ages, as well as all skin types and tones, with the most visible results for anyone 25 and up (studies show that that’s when you’re likely to begin noticing visible signs of aging). If you have oily skin, you can use the serum on its own rather than pairing it with the moisturizer (topped with SPF during the day). For best results, the brand recommends using the Bioactive Collagen Serum and Cream together as a part of your daily skincare routine. It’s also worth noting that both products are unscented.
Why I Need to Have It
The genius is in the ingredients—a mix of anti-aging, skin-restoring goodness clinically proven to work. It’s soothing; makes my skin feel fresh, smooth, and bouncy; and makes it more radiant than ever before. I apply the serum and moisturizer both night and day (at night before my retinol to ease any irritation) and I can’t get enough of them. Below, find out about the ingredients that make it one of the most effective skincare products I’ve ever used.
- HumaColl21® : This is the key anti-aging component found in both products. It’s included at 0.1%—and this is where the innovation comes in—it’s a 100% vegan, GMO-free certified bioidentical human collagen ingredient, and it’s the first of its kind. The ingredient is bioidentical to Human Collagen Type 21, which is a rare type of collagen and was selected because it has a multiplier effect on the skin, signaling to our cells to produce more of our own collagen. In clinical studies, HumaColl21® showed an increase in skin elasticity by 107%, decreased wrinkle size, and reduced redness, and both products are proven to maintain skin hydration for 24 hours.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide is a superhero for aging and breakout-prone skin. It visibly improves the appearance of enlarged pores, evens skin tone, reduces fine lines and dullness, and strengthens your skin barrier.
- Bifida Ferment Filtrate: This is a probiotic ingredient derived from a specific type of yeast obtained by the fermentation of Bifidobacteria. Research has shown this ingredient can lessen irritation on sensitized skin and protects against environmental aggressors by strengthening the skin’s microbiome.
- Lactobacillus Ferment: Made by fermentation of the microorganism Lactobacillus, this ingredient has a powerful soothing and balancing effect when applied topically.
- Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Madecassic Acid, Asiatic Acid: These are four principal bioactive compounds in the Asian botanical extract Centella asiatica. Sometimes referred to as “tiger grass” or “gotu kola,” it’s a powerful antioxidant with significant soothing and healing properties.
- Peptide Complex (Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Copper Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4): Peptides are portions of short- or long-chain amino acids, and amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Studies show all peptides have some amount of skin-restorative ability, assuming the formulation supports the type of peptide used and is packaged to protect it from degrading (i.e., doesn’t allow for light and air exposure).
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a given, as it has restorative abilities, can boost skin’s moisture content, can soothe, and can defend against moisture loss. It’s capable of holding up to 1,000 times its own weight in water, making it an optimal hydrator for all skin types.
- Shea Butter: A forever favorite, this plant lipid is in the Bioactive Collagen Cream for its smoothing properties for skin. It is also a rich source of antioxidants, including quercetin, epicatechin gallate, gallocatechin, epigallocatechin, as well as skin-replenishing fatty acids like stearic and linoleic.
- Squalane: Derived from olives, it is the saturated portion of emollient ingredient squalene, which is a natural component of human skin sebum (oil). It is a wonderfully moisturizing ingredient and is a source of replenishing fatty acids and antioxidants that will leave your skin feeling comfortable and supple.
Where to Get It
Orora Bioactive Collagen Serum and Cream launched in May of 2021, and are available on OroraSkin.com