We love country-music T.Swift just as much as we love edgy T.Swift. But of all the Taylors, we have to give it to the classic. Red lips, clean cat eye, perfect skin—no one does retro glamour quite like she does. Her look, fortunately, is surprisingly easy to re-create at home. Need proof? Check out the instructions below, and click play on the video above to see how to copy her classic style!
1. Pat a creamy concealer with a luminous finish onto any blemishes that need camouflaging and under your eyes to cover any dark circles. We’re using Nars’s Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29).
2. Set the concealer, and mattify all over with a dusting of loose powder. We’re using Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening Powder ($25)—Taylor likes her complexion matte but still radiant.
3. Lightly fill in your brows (we’re using Chanel’s Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil, $29) and then brush them up and away. Taylor has a high, rounded arch, so if your brows are more angular, fill in the lower edge of your arch to soften the point.
4. To get the perfect Taylor cat eye, use a black eyeliner that dries down to a matte finish, and a precision eyeliner brush. Start all the way at the inner corner of your eye, and using short strokes, draw a line as close to your lash line as possible. This doesn’t have to be perfect—once you’ve got the shape started, you can build up the thickness and smooth out the line. When you reach the outer corner, give your brush a little flick up toward the end of your brow.
5. Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
6. Next, red lips. A true Taylor red is a warm red, like this Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Color ($25) in Mod, but use whatever matte- or satin-finish red looks best on your skin tone.
7. To complete the look, skip blush (your natural flush is all the rosy cheeks you need) and just add a little bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks, along your temples, and down your neck and jawline for definition.
What’s your favorite red lipstick? Share your signature shade in the comments below!
Credits: Makeup: Gloria Noto; Hair: Sylvia Wheeler; Nails: Barbara Warner; Videographer: Dave Lang; Model: Chanel Gray; Producer: Clique Studio.