We talk a lot about blondes, brunettes, and redheads—but what about all the shimmering shades in between? Lately, we've been obsessed with strawberry blonde hair, the full-of-dimension hue that's not quite red and not quite blonde, but is beautifully dynamic. Intrigued?
Plenty of celebrities throughout the years have made the choice to dip their toes into the strawberry-blonde hair pool, and many have pulled it off with style. It's a great low-maintenance option for when you want that boho-chic look without the upkeep and price of bleach. Also, it's not the most common hair color at the moment—which is a shame, because it can be quite flattering. You can even go as dark (or light) as you need to; there are plenty of different shades of strawberry blonde to choose from.
- Choosing a Shade: Strawberry blonde tends to be, well, blonde, with notes of red. You can go deeper or more golden depending on your skin tone.
- Maintenance Level: Low. Toyomi Ishikura, colorist for SHRD Hair Care at Kim Vo salon, recommends touchups every six to eight weeks. If you have a lot of grey in your hair you may need to go more often.
- Goes Great With: Light to neutral skin tones. "This color has warm/golden tone, " says Ishikura, who recommends pairing strawberry blonde hair with "soft colors such as browny, beigey, pinky, peachy."
- Similar Shades: Dark blonde, auburn, midlight red
- Price: "The cost varies depending on what your natural hair color is and hair color history is. I would say somewhere $200-$350 [for salon treatment]," says Ishikura.