Whether you are already a businesswoman or you have a job interview, you should make sure that your makeup looks appropriate. Creating a natural makeup look that is professional is key, so that you arrive to any work function looking your best. Professional looking makeup doesn't need be arduous, there are several ways to enhance your makeup that don't take much time at all. Here are all of my tips on how to create the most professional looking makeup in just 5 minutes.
- After cleansing and prepping your face you can begin by using a really good makeup primer such as Nars Makeup Primer. This is key when wanting foundation to last all day. Apply all over the face, except for around the eyes and on the lips. The makeup primer will work as a good base for your foundation, by helping prolong the wear of it. Tinted foundation primers can also help even out skin tone if you're experiencing redness or want a little extra help.
- Once you apply the primer you can apply a good all-day foundation, such asSmashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation. Apply the foundation all over your face and make sure you blend it slightly under the eye. It's ideal to use a foundation brush when applying, or you can also use a Beauty Blender Sponge. Blend until makeup looks natural on the skin and it's not very noticeable.
- Apply Foundation: Apply foundation in a formula you feel comfortable wearing that also matches your skin tone. Foundation shouldn't be too heavy on the skin, so be sure to find a formula that looks and feels natural, skip anything that's heavy as you want your makeup to be breathable. The best way to find the perfect one is to try a few samples of different kinds until the right match comes along. You can easily match your foundation by applying a few different color swatches to your cheek and see which one settles the most naturally into your skin.
- Next, apply a nice cream stick blush on your cheeks. If you can find a really pretty all-in-one item, like Nars The Multiple stick, then you can use it on your cheeks, lips, and also to highlight your eyes. You will want to use this before you apply your powder, so the color will last all day on your cheeks. Simply use your fingertips or a blush brush to dab the color on your cheeks and then on your lips. If you plan to use it on your eyes, apply it as a single cream shadow or a base for powder eyeshadow to go on top.
- After adding color to your lips and cheeks, you should then apply a pressed powder. Instead of dusting your entire face, gently dab it where you need it and then throw it in your purse for touch-ups later. Basically, if you cleanse your skin daily and you wear a makeup primer with a good foundation, you will really only need powder for touch-ups. You can control shine with pressed powder, and apply it under the eyes to fill in any concealer creasing. Most compacts will come with a sponge-like applicator that you can wash with soap and hot water so it's reusable and easy to keep clean.
- Now you can concentrate on your eye area. First, smooth out your eyebrows and do any quick fill-ins, if needed. You can fill your eyebrows in with a pencil or pomade depending on which product you feel most comfortable using. Then take a single neutral to medium eyeshadow, such as M.A.C single eyeshadows, and apply it to the lid area only. Curl your lashes and follow up with one or two coats of all-day mascara, such as Chanel Inimitable in black.
- As a final step, take a neutral lip-colored lip liner and line your lips, then lightly fill in. You can then add more of the all-in-one stick if you used it before, or a favorite lipstick. Since you are playing down your eyes you can add a little more color to your lips if you want. For daytime, you can choose a natural shade that you feel comfortable wearing, and will still be appropriate for the workplace. Add lipgloss on top if you feel like it, and touch up through the day to maintain the color. There you have it! All you need to look professional in under 5 minutes!