Whether it be your fitness or skincare routine or the way you eat, when it comes to health, most of the time, simple is better. The Neutrogena® Hydro Boost line has my skincare covered because it always keeps my skin hydrated. But sometimes it can be hard to find that simplicity in recipes that I go back to again and again. Is it just me or do I try to complicate things?
This recipe is a staple and requires only three things: salmon, fruit salsa, and spinach. It’s easy to make, nutritious, and takes me less than 20 minutes! I love that with all the water packed into spinach and fruit, it feels hydrating and refreshing while also keeping me satiated.
At home, I love to make some kind of variation of this for dinner. While salmon can be intimidating to cook, once you find the right recipe, you’ll never want to stop—and you’ll realize it’s actually a super-quick and easy meal option.
- 1/4 cup mango diced
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced
- 1 Tbsp. purple onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. diced cilantro
- 1/2 small cucumber diced
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- handful of spinach
- 5–6 oz. skin-on salmon fillets (about 1.5 inches thick)
- lemon wedge, for serving
For the Salsa
- Dice mango, pineapple, onion, cucumber and cilantro
- Combine ingredients into a bowl, squeeze lemon on top, sprinkle salt and pepper, and toss
For the Salmon
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat
- Season the fish with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Increase heat to medium-high and place the salmon skin-side up in the pan
- Cook until golden brown on one side (about four to six minutes; resist the urge to fiddle with the fillet. This will allow the fish to get a yummy golden crisp to it)
- Turn the fish over and cook until it feels firm to touch and the skin is crisp or until desired doneness (about one to three more minutes)
- Place the cooked salmon on a bed of spinach and top with the salsa
If you try this recipe, make sure to share it on IG and tag me @rrayyme! You can follow me for more healthy, quick, and nourishing recipes and find all of the hydrating Neutrogena Hydro Boost products I love here.