When you’re a bona fide style icon, most of the conversation around you concerns your clothes, and rightfully so. Many of the women to earn that “style icon” moniker end up on the opposite end of the beauty spectrum—favoring clean skin, bare lips, and understated lids over bronzed glows, red lips, and glossy eyes. Olivia Palermo, on the other hand, has been known to experiment on the beauty front—often with soft shades of plum, mauve, rose, and taupe (aka the romantic fall makeup of our dreams). And so, without further ado, we give you the Olivia Palermo makeup tutorial—check out the instructions below and click play on the video above to see how to re-create her look!
1. Apply a tinted moisturizer with a luminous finish, starting in the center of your face and blending out. We’re using Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($44).
2. Working in small circles, swirl a rose-colored blush (like Giorgio Armani’s Cheek Fabric, $48, in 506) along your cheekbones and up to your temples. Skip bronzer, but add a little blush to the tip of your nose and chin to warm up your face.
3. Use the tip of your eye shadow brush to sweep taupe shadow into your crease, from inner corner to outer corner. Build up the color at the outer corner.
4. Line your upper and lower lash lines with a cool black pencil. On the bottom, only extend the color to the center of your eye. Give yourself a slight wing at the outer corners, connecting the top and bottom eyeliner. Then, smudge it out with your finger to soften the line, and add a little eyeliner to your waterline.
5. Line and fill in your lips with a pinkish nude lip pencil, and then top it off with a soft pink lip gloss, like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics’s Lip Tar ($9) in Femme.
6. Curl your lashes and add a generous dose of volumizing mascara to both top and bottom lashes.
7. Finally, lightly fill in any sparse areas on your brows.
Will you try this look? Tell us below! And don’t miss our reader-requested Lily Aldridge and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley tutorials!
Credits: Makeup: Gloria Noto; Hair: Sylvia Wheeler; Nails: Barbara Warner; Videographer: Dave Lang; Model: Caralee Ellis; Producer: Clique Studio