If you’re not familiar with ModelFit, most of what you need know is in the name: ModelFit. Despite the common perception, the name of this NYC-based boutique fitness studio does not come from the clientele, but rather it’s an abbreviation for “model of fitness.” According to the founder of ModelFit, Vanessa Packer, “ModelFit is mindful movement. So we take the position that you really want to feel engaged on these smaller muscle groups. We use slow movements, focusing on smaller muscle groups, to really elongate, tone, and sculpt your body, and what happens is an overall tightening and leaning out.” Sounds pretty great, right?
Which is exactly why we asked Packer to show us three of her favorite moves to get our bodies in shape for summer. Best of all they can all be done anywhere, anytime—no equipment necessary.
Scroll through for threee fitness GIFs to target your shoulders, obliques, and inner thighs!
1. Start in plank position. Make sure your shoulders are over your wrists, your core is engaged, your hips are tucked under, and you’re not locking out your elbows.
2. Push down into your right hand as you lift your left arm up, bending your elbow at a 90-degree angle and rotating your body a little bit to activate your core.
3. Push back down with your left hand as you do the same thing on the right side.
4. Do 10 push-ups on each side.
1. Start in side plank, with the bottom foot stacked in front.
2. Push your right hand into the ground and extend your left arm straight up. Let your eyes follow your hand as you bring it in front of you, and then down and underneath the space beneath your abs, tipping your hips slightly and activating the whole side body. Then bring your arm back up to starting position.
3. Do 10 reps, and then switch sides.
1. Start standing up tall. Extend your arms out to the side.
2. Step your right foot out wide as you raise your arms above your head. Bend into your right leg as you lean in toward your left side.
3. Return to standing and do the other side.
4. Repeat 10 times.
What sort of fit GIFs do you want to see next? Tell us below!