St. Louis, MO
- Bethel University
- Columbia Journalism School
- Data journalism and research
Maddy Simpson is a fact-checker at Byrdie, reviewing and updating articles to ensure they are factually accurate and reflect the latest product information.
- Former senior financial analyst at Minneapolis-based consulting firm
- Has worked as a fact-checker since 2020
- Held editorial positions at a number of firms, including Business Insider, Employee Benefit News, and the St. Louis Business Journal, and has contributed to the Detroit Free Press and Columbia Journalism Review
Maddy Simpson is a journalist based in St. Louis. She studied journalism and finance at Bethel University, and worked as a financial analyst at a consulting firm before attending Columbia Journalism School. She's worked on projects at the Columbia Journalism Review, Detroit Free Press, and currently is a fact-checker and reporter at various publications.
Maddy received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance and Journalism from Bethel University and a Master of Science degree from Columbia Journalism School.