In our humble opinion, no holiday party would be complete without an abundance of free-flowing cocktails. The greatest virtue of holiday drinks, however, is also their problem: namely, their sugary-sweet goodness. To help you indulge without the next-day hangover (or extra calories), we spoke with Annie Lawless, co-founder of cold-pressed juice company Suja, and asked her to share three “skinny” versions of our favorite holiday cocktails. Keep scrolling for three yummy, low-calorie pressed cocktail recipes—cheers to that!
1. In a saucepan, simmer the juice, cinnamon, and cloves for 10-15 minutes until all flavors have melded together and thoroughly combined. You should be able to strongly smell the cinnamon and clove.
2. Stir in the wine and bring the whole mixture to a simmer.
3. Serve warm. Makes four servings.
1. Bring the honey with 1/4 cup of water to a simmer so it becomes a fluid liquid that will be easy to mix.
2. In a pitcher, combine the Lemon Love or lemon juice, gin, honey mixture, sparkling water, and stevia (if needed).
3. Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprig of mint. Makes four servings.
*You will not need this if you use Suja Lemon Love, since it already contains stevia, but if you use pure lemon juice add stevia as needed.
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until frothy and well combined.
2. Add a few ice cubes if a slushier consistency is desired.
3. Otherwise, serve in a glass that has been chilled in the freezer and enjoy. Makes four servings.
What’s your favorite holiday cocktail? Tell us below!
*If using unsweetened vanilla almond milk and coffee, you will want to add honey or stevia to sweeten up to your desired taste.