New York, NY
- Columbia Journalism School, La Sorbonne, UCL
- Culture, fashion, entertainment, and beauty
- Kyra Alessandrini is a French-American writer and reporter based in New York City.
- She is a contributing style and beauty news writer for Byrdie.
- Her work has appeared in publications such as TIME, Essence, NYLON, RFI and Courrier International.
Kyra Alessandrini is a contributing style writer for Byrdie. Her work was featured in both French and English language publications such as TIME, Essence, Courrier International and NYLON. She interned at RFI and Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in Paris. She was published in Moving Still, a collection of narrative nonfiction short stories. Kyra has written and reported on a wide variety of topics including culture, fashion, entertainment, mental health, social justice, history and organized crime. She has a passion for street photography, writing and traveling.
Kyra graduated with a Master of Science from Columbia Journalism School. Prior to that, she was a humanities student at La Sorbonne in Paris and attended University College London for a year as part of the E.U.’s Erasmus+ exchange program.