If you don't know Kayla Itsines as the woman who has single-handedly whipped hundreds into shape via her Bikini Body Guides and Sweat With Kayla app (free), you'll at least know this: her abs are LEGIT. (The rest of her well-trained body is too, obvs.)
These moves will work your entire body and increase your heart rate with its high-intensity intervals so that you can get a double-duty strength and cardio session in one. How clever is that? Remember to keep a water bottle nearby and start with some dynamic stretches to loosen up and get ready for the work ahead. Follow with a cool down to get your heart rate back down safely.
The routine is made up of two five-minute circuits consisting of three exercises each. To start, set a timer and repeat the first three exercises as many times as you can in five minutes, take a short (30-60 second) break, then attack the second circuit. Warning: The moves are *intense*. Still, 10 minutes? No problem!
Keep scrolling for the 6-exercise tutorial!
Burpee To Tuck Jump
- Start in a push-up position on the floor, then transfer your weight into your hands and jump your feet in.
- As you stand up, propel your body upwards into a tuck jump bringing your knees to your chest.
- Bend at the hips and knees to place your hands on the floor in front of you, then jump your feet back out into the push-up position.
- Complete 15 reps.
Reverse Lunge With Knee Lift
- Plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart.
- Carefully take a big step back with your left foot. As you place your left foot on the floor, bend both knees to 90 degrees.
- Your front knee should be aligned with your ankle, and your back knee hovering just off of the floor. Extend both knees and transfer your weight completely onto your right foot.
- At the same time, lift your left foot and bring your knee into your chest. Release your left leg from your chest and place it back on the floor behind you.
- Complete 12 reps per side for a total of 24.
Double Pulse Sumo Squats
- Plant both feet on the floor further than shoulder-width apart and with feet pointing outwards. Bend at both the hips and the knees, ensuring your knees point toward your toes.
- Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Extend your legs slightly before returning to a full squat position.
- Complete this action—called a pulse—two times. Push through your heels and return to a neutral standing position.
- Complete 15 reps.
- Start by placing both hands on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart and both feet together behind you, resting on the balls of your feet.
- While maintaining a straight back and stabilizing through your core, bend your elbows and lower your torso toward the floor until your arms form a 90-degree angle.
- Push through your chest and extend your arms to lift your body back into starting position.
- Jump both of your feet in, ensuring your feet remain shoulder-width apart and keeping your body weight on your hands, kick both of your feet back into starting position.
- Complete 10 reps.
Bent Leg Raises
- Start by lying on your back on the floor and engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your belly button toward your spine.
- Keeping your feet together, contract your abdominal muscles and bend your legs to bring your knees into your chest.
- Slowly extend your legs until they're slightly off of the floor. Keeping your legs straight, raise your legs until they form a 90-degree angle with your hips.
- Slowly lower your legs until they are slightly off of the floor.
- Continue alternating between bent- and straight-leg raises for the specified number of repetitions.
- Complete 20 reps.
- Start by lying straight on your back on the floor with both arms extended above your head. Gently raise your legs off of the floor so that they form a 90-degree angle at your hips.
- Engage your core by drawing your belly button in toward your spine.
- Bring your hands up toward your feet, slowly lifting your head, shoulder blades, and torso off of the floor.
- Allow your hands to meet your toes before releasing your torso and laying back down on the floor with your arms extended above your head.
- Complete 20 reps.