In This Article
Since she sprang onto the scene as the Sports Illustrated Rookie of the Year in 2013, model Kate Bock has taken the industry by storm. She's appeared in the pages of Vogue Germany, Vogue Mexico, Glamour Hungary, Elle Italia, Maxim, and most recently, fronted the August 2020 issue of Sports Illustrated alongside Olivia Culpo and Jasmine Sanders.
But when she's not on set for major magazine shoots, you can find Bock whipping up tasty dishes at home. Just take a quick scroll through her Instagram and you'll discover a plethora of recipe tutorials ranging from cauliflower pizza to avocado chocolate pudding. Bock's meals make our mouth water just by looking at them, so of course, we wanted to know what else she's been making while she's been home. Ahead, Bock shares the three healthy meals she's loved to cook during quarantine with Byrdie exclusively. Keep scrolling for Bock's step-by-step recipes.
Light Fluffy Scrambled Eggs for Two
From Kate: "I eat these eggs for breakfast every single day. I love them and look forward to them every morning. They’re creamy with an extra little kick of flavor and go perfect with my oat milk cappuccino."
What You Need:
- 5 organic eggs
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- Spray extra virgin olive oil
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Truffle zest
- High-quality olive oil
- Spray olive oil in your pan and crack five eggs into the pan.
- Set the heat to low (this is essential to making the eggs nice and fluffy).
- Stir regularly to make sure the eggs cook evenly.
- Once the eggs are semi-cooked, add one tablespoon of Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese. This step really helps makes the eggs extra creamy and delicious.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, plate them, and drizzle with high-quality olive oil. Pro tip: When tasting olive oil, better quality olive oil should almost make you cough and have a little peppery flavor.
- Top plated eggs with Everything But the Bagel seasoning and truffle zest.
From Kate: "I drink shakes regularly. Whether it’s a post workout shake, breakfast on the go, or as a snack to tide me over between meals, I’m a big smoothie fan.I love adding some secret greens into my smoothies. Frozen kale blends right in and avocado creates a nice creamy texture. Adding collagen is good for your hair, skin, and nails and I love the flavor of my chocolate protein! This smoothie is a must-try!"
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, raspberries and kale
- 1 tablespoon Abby’s Almond butter
- Almond milk
- 1 scoop WelleCo Nourishing Plant-based Protein
- Half an avocado
- Sliced almonds
- WelleCo Collagen Skin + Hair + Nails Super Booster Sachet
- Pour frozen berries, kale, almond butter, avocado, whey protein, collagen and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with sliced almonds.
Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Chicken
What You Need:
- Two heart of romaine
- Sliced almond
- Salt and pepper
- Caesar dressing (I use Primal Kitchen Vegan Caesar)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Organic boneless chicken thighs
- Honey, garlic, sesame oil and dijon mustard for seasoning
- Toast sliced almonds in a pan until brown and set aside.
- Marinate chicken thighs in honey, garlic, sesame oil and dijon mustard (or use clean, pre-made Honey Mustard Marinade from COCO).
- Throw the chicken on a barbecue or grill. Grill for approx six mins or until brown
- Slice Romaine heads in half, long ways and drizzle with EVOO, salt & pepper
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pit.
- When ready to flip the chicken, add Romaine face down and half avocado face down. Grill until romaine is slightly wilted and avocado is browned with grill marks.
- Remove chicken, romaine, and avocado.
- Plate grilled romaine, drizzle Caesar dressing, and top with sliced toasted almonds.
- Add grilled avocado and chicken.