Feeling my best day in and day out doesn’t just come from one thing. It’s a combination of a bunch of small things that build up over time—this includes moving my body every day, eating whole ingredients, taking care of my skin, staying hydrated, and meditating. It’s incredible how much better I feel (both mentally and physically) when I stick to a healthy routine.
For skincare, the Neutrogena® Hydro Boost line keeps my skin hydrated and healthy-looking.
For food, nothing is more satiating and tasty to me than a seasonal macro bowl. I love making these for lunch or dinner because you have the ability to get super creative with the ingredients by mixing textures, flavors, and colors. It’s also perfect for when you’re trying to finish up some ingredients in your fridge!
This Kale Super Seed Bowl is one that I always go back to because it is so balanced and delicious. I reach for ingredients that are high in water like berries and kale to help me stay hydrated. This bowl is packed with antioxidants (which can help strengthen your immune system) and great sources of vegan-friendly protein, so you won’t feel hungry an hour later.
- 4 dinosaur kale leaves massaged well with olive oil
- 4 brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 handful of berries
- 1 sweet potato, roasted
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- fresh lemon juice (to taste)
I always make sure I have quinoa and sweet potatoes on hand so I can whip up a recipe like this super quickly.
Instructions for Quinoa
- Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water into pan and cook on medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover until water is absorbed.
Instructions for Dressing
Combine 1 tsp. olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and a squeeze of lemon.
Instructions for Assembly
- Chop up kale and massage leaves well with olive oil.
- Shred raw brussel sprouts directly into your bowl of kale (be careful if you’re using a mandolin. Don’t be a hero).
- Add a scoop of cooked quinoa into the bowl and mix well.
- Top with roasted sweet potato, brussel sprouts, berries, walnuts, and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over bowl, add a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground pepper, and voila!
If you try this recipe, make sure to share it on IG and tag me @rrayyme! You can follow me for more healthy, quick, and nourishing recipes and find all of the hydrating Neutrogena Hydro Boost products I love here.