Eliminates all signs of redness
Easy to apply
Very limited shade range
The texture is very thick
Doesn’t come with a product scooper
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting Cream
We put IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting Cream to the test after receiving a complimentary sample from the brand. Keep reading for our full product review.
If redness and hyperpigmentation are at the top of your list of skincare concerns, you aren’t alone. These two skin issues are extremely common and one of the top reasons so many people opt to wear foundation and concealer on a daily basis. While there are several foundation products available today, not all of them live up to their promise of full-coverage results.
I tested the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting Cream and within seconds, my redness and blemishes disappeared. Read on for my full review.
Best for: All skin types, especially those who experience any redness
Uses: Neutralizing redness and rosacea for fair skin tones
Active Ingredients: Colloidal oatmeal, aloe, and avocado oil
Byrdie Clean: No
About The Brand: Founded by Jamie Kern Lima, IT Cosmetics offers a variety of skincare and makeup products to help solve varying skin concerns, from redness to hyperpigmentation and more.
About My Skin: Sensitive combination skin with rosacea
I have combination sensitive skin and type 1 rosacea. My skin gets flushed easily and has a slight pink/red undertone to it, especially if I’ve just cleansed, worked out, or have been outdoors. I have light freckles on my face that have faded a bit since I was younger but you can still see them when I’m bare-faced. I wear makeup often, and when I do I always wear foundation and concealer to even out my skin tone.
How to Apply: Use a brush
The texture of this correcting cream is much thicker than a foundation, so a little bit of the product goes a long way. I applied the product with IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush #7 because the consistency is too thick to use my fingers, and I also prefer using brushes anyway. The brush has a larger head for blending foundation and a smaller brush on the opposite end to help blend concealer and buff away streaks and lines. I used a circular motion all over the face with the brush, buffing the product out so it didn’t look too heavy, and used the product for my concealer as well.
The Results: Amazing coverage
This correcting cream covers very well. However, I noticed the consistency and finish were a bit more matte and drying than I prefer, so it’s really important to apply this product to moisturized and hydrated skin.
After I applied it, there was no trace of redness or any kind of blemish in sight—not to mention it did a fabulous job covering up my under-eye dark circles.
Pro tip: You can also thin out the texture a bit by mixing it with your moisturizer for lighter coverage.
The Value: It'll last a while
Foundation and CC creams usually come in larger tubes, so the size of this product can look deceiving because it’s in a smaller, round jar. The key tip to remember when investing $35 in this product is to remember how little you need. You can certainly make this jar last quite a while, making the price an overall good value for what you’re actually getting.
Similar Products: You've got options
Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer ($48): This is a waterproof and full coverage concealer that hides everything. It’s suitable for all skin types and has buildable coverage, and can also be used on tattoos.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup ($43): A full-coverage matte foundation, this fragrance-free formula is suitable for oily and combination skin types. Build the application as you go because it’s a very thick consistency.
If redness and hyperpigmentation are your main skincare concerns, you will absolutely love the coverage of the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting Cream. Buff it into the skin and watch everything disappear for an even-toned complexion.
- Product Name Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Color-Correcting Cream
- Product Brand IT Cosmetics
- SKU 81791901806
- Price $35
- Weight 0.37 oz.
- Included 0.37oz container with the product inside
- Color/Shade Transforming Porcelain Beige
- Shade Range 3 shades: Transforming Neutral Beige, Transforming Porcelain Beige, Transforming Light Beige
- Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Silica, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Hexyl Laurate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Perfluorodecalin, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Colloidal Oatmeal, Magnolia Acuminata Bark Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lithospermum Officinale Extract, Agaricus Bisporus (Mushroom) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77491, Ci 77499)].