San Francisco, California
- BA & BFA: Washington University, St. Louis
- American food, Southern/Comfort cuisine, Midwest food
- Irvin is a critically acclaimed cookbook author. His first cookbook "Marbled, Swirled, and Layered" was chosen as one of the best baking cookbooks of 2016 in the New York Times and highlighted in Entertainment Weekly, O Magazine, Library Journal and Booklist.
- He is an IACP-award winning photographer and an IACP-nominated blogger and blue ribbon baker.
- His blog Eat the Love was nominated by Saveur magazine in the category of Best Baking Blog 2011.
Irvin's first cookbook "Marbled, Swirled, and Layered" was chosen as one of the best baking cookbooks of 2016 in the New York Times as well as featured in Entertainment Weekly, O Magazine, Library Journal, and Booklist. His blog Eat the Love has been nominated by Saveur magazine in the category of Best Baking Blog 2011, as well as IACP-nominated for best baking blog 2016. Irvin won the IACP photography contest Best in Show in 2013. He has served on the Executive Committee for the IACP cookbook awards in 2022.
Irvin has taught cooking classes and workshops at various outlets, including Macy's Basement, San Francisco Cooking School, and the Pinterest Headquarters. Eat the Love was established in 2010. He started contributing to Byrdie in 2022 and is an ongoing contributor to Simply Recipes, The Spruce Eats, and Serious Eats.
Irvin's best piece of cooking advice: "Taste and add salt to the dish as you cook. If the dish tastes flat, it usually needs salt to enhance the flavor."
Irvin has a BA in English Literature and a BFA in Painting from Washington University in St. Louis.