Gather Hair into a Ponytail
The first step towards creating an easy updo with the Goody Spin Pin is to gather hair into a loose ponytail. For a traditional bun, gather hair at the nape of your neck. If you want your chignon higher, gather hair into a ponytail in the center or closer to the top of your head.
You do not need to use a ponytail holder. If you recently washed your hair, you may want to spritz in some dry shampoo, hair spray or wax-based product for extra hold.
The Finished Spin Pin Updo
Here's how my chignon looked — it only took two minutes to create. I didn't need any extra bobby pins and it stayed in place all day long!
A few tips to remember:
- If your hair is fine or you just washed it, spritz in a texturizing product.
- You do not need a ponytail holder or any extra pins or accessories to create this easy updo.
- To create a French twist style, arrange your bun vertically and twist pins in.
- To create a side bun, start with your ponytail on the side.
- Twist pins in clockwise. Remove them counterclockwise.
- Do not interlock the pins.
- Your updo doesn't have to be perfect. A few loose tendrils in the front or back make it more stylish.
The Goody Spin Pin is available online and at drugstores nationwide.