Trimming and maintaining a mustache is fairly easy. Follow these quick tips to keep your 'stache looking great.
Time Required: 5 Minutes
- Trimming your mustache is easiest when it's slightly damp (some find applying a bit of mustache wax beforehand works well, too).
- With the mustache damp, use a very fine-toothed mustache comb to comb your mustache down. The hair should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Using scissors or a beard trimmer, carefully trim the mustache along the top lip.
- Using a comb, lift small sections of the mustache hair and trim to the desired length. This will help remove bulk from the mustache.
- If desired, you can clean up the top of the mustache by shaving away any stray hairs with a razor (the Gillette Fusion's trimmer blade is excellent for this process).
- Comb the mustache straight down again and check for evenness and make corrections if desired.
- It may be helpful to have your barber or stylist show you how to trim your mustache for the first time so you can see the proper technique.
- Before growing a mustache, you can see what you'll look like with various 'staches by downloading the fun iPhone/iPad app 'stachetastic!
What You Need:
- Mustache Comb
- Beard Trimmer