So the Met Gala 2018 arrivals have just wrapped up, but that doesn't mean we're done pouring over each and every single beauty look we were #blessed with this morning (quite literally, thanks to the 'Heavenly Bodies' theme). While there were countless jaw-dropping looks across the board, one we can't quite get over is Gigi Hadid's. Her custom Versace gown is made all the more special with the bounciest blow dry we've ever seen. And those gold barettes? All of a sudden they're at the top of our wish list.
Lusting as hard as we are? Luckily, renowned Sydney stylist Anthony Nader gave us all of the tips for recreating it at home, Met Gala invite or not. Scroll on for all the details.
- To make your hair mega-watt shiny, make sure you wash with a high-gloss shampoo and conditioner first. This will now give your hair that high-impact sheen required to nail Hadid's look.
- Next up, towel dry before using a blow dryer to rough dry it to about 80 percent (this will quicken up the process and you won’t get tired arms which is a bonus).
- To ensure your hair stays extra smooth but full of volume, apply a plumping mouse from roots to ends.
- After mousse, apply a lightweight shine serum just on the mid-lengths and ends, and comb through with a wide tooth comb.
- Next, divide hair into four even sections, starting from your centre part (like a hot cross bun).
- Start blow-drying your hair with a large round brush from the nape of the neck, taking two-inch sections at a time. Work your way up to the crown area.
- Once the back has been completed, use the same method in the front, ensuring a smooth finish. For the extra oomph on the roots, backcomb the hair with a brush to give the hair shape more volume and glamour.
- Spray the roots with hairspray so it will last, then brush over the crown area so the top surface is smooth again.
- Add in your long slide clips just over your ears on both sides. Aside from looking incredible, they'll also keep any hair from falling around the face.
- To finish, a great trick is to spray an old blush or powder brush with hairspray and glide over the any areas affected by frizz.
- Lastly, if your hair is on the finer side, add extra hair pieces in (like Hadid has) to add volume.