Let’s be real: We start looking forward to the weekend pretty much right when we wake up on Monday morning. And once the precious weekend finally comes, the last thing you want to worry about once is how to do your hair. Summer weekends are for sleeping in, brunching, and catching up with friends. There’s no room amid those coveted hours of relaxation for wrestling with your mane.
The solution? It’s not extra heat styling; it’s not paying the nearest blow-dry bar $50 to deal with your hair for you. Nope—the weekend begs for easy, beautiful braids. After all, what screams summer louder than a low-maintenance plait?
Think of this as your personal weekend hair guide—we’ve rounded up three easy braids we think you’ll love, one for each day of the weekend. We promise they won’t take you longer than 10 minutes to perfect, so you’ll be off to mimosas in no time.
Keep scrolling for three pretty braids to try this weekend!
Gal Meets Glam
Meet the perfect style to transition you from the office to Friday night drinks.
1. Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam recommends starting this hairstyle with day-old hair for extra grip.
2. Add Tresemmé’s Beauty-Full Touchable Volume Mousse ($5) for body.
3. Create a deep side part.
4. Start to French-braid the side of your part with the least amount of hair, taking the braid all the way around the back of your head, into a side braid. Once you get about halfway down your length of hair, tie off the braid with a clear elastic. You should now have half of your hair hanging loose in the front.
5. Twist the loose hair in front along your hairline and away from your face until you get to the bottom of your ear. Secure it there with bobby pins.
6. Twist the rest of the hair of that front section around itself, and then pull it through one of the loops in the back braid. Now you should have four strands of hair to create a four-piece braid.
7. Using all four section, continue braiding until you’re halfway down, and then secure with a clear elastic.
8. Continue braiding to the bottom, and tie off the whole thing with another elastic.
9. Spray all over with Tresemmé Beauty Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray ($5) for hold!
This unique interpretation of boxer braids is both casual and edgy.
1. Start by smoothing Kenra’s Professional Platinum Silkening Gloss ($20) throughout hair to get rid of any frizz.
2. Part your hair all the way down the middle with a wide-tooth comb.
3. Start a Dutch braid on one side, going all the way back to the nape of the neck. Secure with an elastic.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. To disguise the hair tie, take a strand of hair from each pigtail and wrap it around the base, securing with a bobby pin.
1. Create a deep side part.
2. Take a triangular section of hair at the opposite side of the deep part. As close to the scalp as possible, begin creating a Dutch braid.
3. Continue braiding until you reach your ends, and secure with a clear elastic. Fatten up your braid by spraying it with Not Your Mother’s Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray ($7) and tugging at the ends.
4. To complete your look, spray Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($7) throughout your hair for natural, sexy texture.
What are your favorite weekend hairstyles? Snap us a picture and tag us on Instagram: @byrdiebeauty!