Sometimes, your lips have just gone past the point of no return. In times like these, you'll need something a little more serious—a treatment for a clean slate and a fresh start. Enter: the lip mask. Just like it sounds, you'll use a lip mask on your lips and let it sit for a bit to replenish and revive. Yogurt (any kind you have—I used Greek!) will gently exfoliate dead skin while also adding moisture and protein, and clay will help really help slough off any flakes or build-up. If you have a floral hydrosol like lavender, add a spritz for extra hydration. When all is rinsed and cleansed, you'll be left with rosy, fresh lips— minus the chap.
- 1/4 teaspoon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon clay or baking soda
- optional: lavender or rose hydrosol
- Combine yogurt and clay (or baking soda, ideally with a small squeeze of aloe or a spritz of lavender hydrosol) into a paste.
- Apply it generously to dry lips and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Optionally, after applying the mask, spritz the top lightly with lavender or rose hydrosol. This will help lock in the nutrients and moisture, and stop you from drying out.
- Your lips will be sensitive after, so follow with an extra spritz of hydrosol and your favorite natural lip balm.