We love a good DIY beauty recipe, especially when there’s practically zero prep time. Stylist and wellness blogger Natalie Decleve recently shared her favorite all-natural mask in a DIY video that takes only one minute to whip up. The three-part detoxifying mask contains bentonite clay—volcanic ash adored for its ability to help expel toxins from the body and leave skin feeling velvety smooth. Hit play to see Decleve's tutorial, and keep scrolling for the list of what you'll need.
- 1/3 Aztec Secret Bentonite Indian Healing Clay ($5), or similar
- 1/3 Y.S. Bee Farms Certified Organic Raw Honey ($16), or similar
- 1/3 filtered water (using more as needed to adjust texture to a smooth paste)
- Mix the liquids first.
- Add clay, and stir until thick but smooth. Add water as needed.
- Cover skin with a generous layer, and allow to set for up to 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly using a warm washcloth.
While the directions above are for use on the face, mud has been used for years around the world to cleanse the body, soften skin, and even soothe arthritis. We say go ahead and try it anywhere. Don't forget to let us know what you think in the comments!