- Columbia College Chicago and University of Texas San Antonio
- Natural hair and product reviews
- Desiree Johnson has been a content writer with major tech companies like Bluehost and currently works with Bitly.
- She has been a writer with NaturallyCurly.com for the past 3 years.
- She also created the successful blogging series Your Hair Story in collaboration with Mixed Chicks.
Desiree has been a writer for over a decade and prides herself on being a multi-faceted writer. The heart of her writing lies in her storytelling, which she uses to connect with audiences whether she's writing about natural hair or sharing an op-ed from her personal life. In addition to writing, she is also a digital marketer and freelances for small minority businesses to help push their brand messaging to wider audiences. She has been writing for Byrdie since early 2021.
Desiree received her Bachelor of Art from the University of Texas San Antonio and her Master of Fine Art from Columbia College Chicago.
About Byrdie and Dotdash
Byrdie is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.