Los Angeles, CA
- The University of Southern Mississippi
- The University of Chicago
For nearly a decade, Cory has worked in research and fact-checking positions in a variety of forms, ranging from news, entertainment, legal, pop culture, and science.
- Has worked as a fact-checker and research producer for a variety of outlets and Emmy-winning TV news programs since 2015
- Co-created methods and practices for research and verification at multiple organizations
- Has written and published two academic theses
Cory Taylor has been working as a researcher and fact-checker for nearly a decade. During that time, he helped co-create methods and practices for research and verification at multiple news and entertainment outlets and companies.
The work Cory did focused on verifying and synthesizing information for consumers relating to topics ranging from medicine, pop culture, food, travel, fitness, and health. This required him to be vigilantly up-to-date on current trends and studies, with a particular emphasis on the information that is most relevant to consumers in their day-to-day lives.
Cory received a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and News-Editorial Journalism from the University of Southern Mississippi, and a Master of Arts from the University of Chicago — specializing in Film and Television.