Yes, her brows have been stealing the show for years. But Cara Delevingne’s entire makeup look is never anything short of on point. Those smoldering eyes and that perfectly luminous skin are definitely worthy of a tutorial. Which is why we chose the supermodel-turned-actress as our first celebrity makeup tutorial to kick off our new video series.
Check out the instructions below, and click play on the video above to see how to re-create her signature copper smoky eye!
1. Apply a tinted moisturizer with a luminous finish, starting in the center of your face and blending out. We’re using Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($44).
2. Conceal just where you need it (like under the eyes) using a full-coverage cream concealer. Use a brush or your finger to blur the edges for seamless coverage.
3. Use a large flat eye shadow brush to pack MAC’s Pigment ($21) in Copper onto your top lid, from corner to corner. Then, use the tip of the brush to carry the pigment down along your entire lower lash line. Note: These pigments can be messy, so be sure to dip your brush into the cap and tap off the excess before you apply it.
4. Apply a waterproof black eyeliner (like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, $20, in Zero we’re using) along your entire waterline and upper lash line. Try to build up the thickness of your line so it’s a little more intense toward the outer corner. Finish with your favorite mascara.
5. For the brows, you’ll need two pencils. Start with a lighter pencil to fill in your shape. Then, go back in with a darker pencil to square off the front, slightly extend the tail, and fill in the bottom edge on your arch. Cara’s brows aren’t straight across, but they’re not super angular either. So, just use the pencil along the bottom of your brow to soften your arch.
6. Swirl a peach-colored blush along the apples of your cheeks back toward your temples. We’re using Make Up For Ever’s HD Blush ($26) in 225.
7. To enhance the color of your natural lips, lightly dab on some lip pencil in a pinkish nude shade. Then, top it with lip balm so the look is fresh and not too matte.
8. Finish the look with a light dusting of translucent powder down your T-zone.
Who should we do a tutorial on next? Leave your celeb makeup tutorial requests in the comments below!
Credits: Makeup: Gloria Noto; Hair: Sylvia Wheeler; Nails: Barbara Warner; Videographer: Dave Lang; Model: Caralee Ellis; Producer: Clique Studio