- Loyola Marymount University
- Beauty, wellness, branded content
- Worked in fashion and lifestyle editorial since 2007
- Managing editor of Total Beauty and Beauty Riot in Los Angeles for two years
- Bylines in Refinery29, and The Chicago Tribune
Katie is a freelance writer with 15 years of experience. Her work has been featured in Byrdie, Refinery29, Total Beauty, and The Chicago Tribune. From 2013 to 2015, she was managing editor of Total Beauty and Beauty Riot in Los Angeles. There, she managed a team covering beauty and wellness trends, and produced sponsored content for brands such as Target, Estée Lauder Companies, Procter & Gamble, and Johnson & Johnson. Prior to that, she was editor of Where Los Angeles magazine, where she spent six years writing about the best spas, restaurants, and other destinations in L.A.
Katie graduated with a bachelor's degree in English and art history from Loyola Marymount University.