Los Angeles, California
- Knox College
- Washington University in St. Louis
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- JoAnna Novak is a writer based in Los Angeles and the author of the novel I Must Have You.
- She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Knox College, and received two master degrees in fiction writing and poetry.
- Her work can be found in top publications including Byrdie, The Atlantic, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
- She wrote about body positivity for Byrdie in 2018 in a personal essay.
JoAnna Novak is the author of the novel I Must Have You and a freelance writer who's covered body positivity, self-help, sexuality, and more. Her personal essays and non-fiction pieces appear in publications including Byrdie, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, and more. She has been open about living with an eating disorder and wrote about accepting and loving her body for Byrdie in 2018.
JoAnna graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing from Knox College. She also earned a master’s degree in fiction writing form Washington University in St. Louis, and a second master’s in poetry from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
About Byrdie and Dotdash
Byrdie is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.