Regular facial exfoliation is a great way to transform a tired and dull complexion into one that is youthful and glowing. Even better, you don't have to spring for an expensive facial scrub to get the best results. You can make your own at-home scrub using just three simple ingredients.
The following facial scrub recipe is made up solely of dried ingredients, including milk powder, almond meal, and bentonite clay. Milk is a type of lactic acid and works to remove dead skin cells, while almond meal helps to soften skin and bentonite clay absorbs toxins. You may come across recipes for scrubs calling for ground almonds, but using this form isn't advisable because it can tear and damage the skin. Almond meal is a better option. This scrub can be easily preserved for long periods of time, so feel free to make a large batch and store it or give it to friends and family as gifts.
- 1/2 cup of almond meal, finely ground
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay for skin
- 2 tbsp. whole milk powder, preferably organic
Note: Keep in mind it may be hard to find milk powder that's both organic and whole milk unless you buy it online. Even if it isn't organic or it's low fat, it will still work.
- Put all the ingredients in a glass jar with a top.
- Shake the jar vigorously until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- To use, place a spoonful of the scrub in your hand and create a paste with a few drops of lukewarm water (or sweet almond oil or coconut oil). Apply in a circular motion to face and neck. Let the paste dry.
- Rinse with a warm washcloth and pat skin dry.
- To finish, apply moisturizer to cleansed, scrubbed skin. If your skin can tolerate it, use this scrub once or twice a week.