Hair loss, regardless of the reason, can be a devastating experience. Whether you are concerned about future hair loss or you're experiencing thinning hair right now, Nioxin might just be the answer you're looking for. More people struggle with this issue than you think, so it's definitely nothing to be embarrassed about. With decades of research and a solid reputation for understanding the biology behind hair loss, Nioxin is a product you can trust if nothing else. There is no hype, miracle promises, or unattainable claims with Nioxin. It's simply a product that provides just the results you're searching for.
Read on to learn more about Nioxin's products to help combat hair loss.
Founded: Eva Graham, 1987
Based In: Georgia
Best Known For: Providing products for thinning hair and hair loss
Most Popular Product: Hair Booster
Fun Fact: Nioxin is available in countries around the world.
Other Brands You'll Love: Harklinikken
What is Nioxin?
Nioxin is a brand with multiple lines of hair products and scalp treatments that help optimize the health of the scalp resulting in youthful, healthy-looking, and often thicker hair. Founded by Eva Graham in 1987, Graham realized a need for this brand of products after seeing her father and herself experiencing hair loss. Nioxin products are specifically designed for both men and women with fine and thinning hair. Nioxin utilizes advanced technology, including:
- BioAmp: Glycol-proteins that are designed to add thickness and strengthen the hair from inside the cuticle. Cystine acids work to seal the cuticle and help repair damaged fine hair.
- SmoothPlex: A proprietary blend of silk amino acids and kukui nut oil that adds moisture, natural shine and smooth control to medium to coarse hair.
- Glyco-Color Shield: Dual-protection technology protects your scalp from damage and irritation caused by chemical services such as highlights, lowlights, permanent waves, and relaxers while preserving your hair color.
- Transactive Delivery System: A time-release system that is formulated with vitamins, moisturizing nutrients, and botanicals.
- Scalp Access: A micronutrient system that delivers moisturizing nutrients and proteins onto the scalp and hair.
Nioxin Scalp and Hair Three-Part Systems
One of the best things about Nioxin is that there is a system—or series of products—that will benefit every type of thinning hair. The brand's products are designed to give you a healthy scalp, because it gives your hair the best possible foundation from which to grow. Just like the health and look of your skin is greatly dependent upon using the right products and cleansers, the look of your hair is going to significantly improve if you're properly caring for your scalp.
Nioxin's three-part systems are designed for individual hair types. According to their website, nine out of 10 users of the three-part system report thicker appearing hair when used as directed. To choose a three-part system for you, simply match your hair type with one of Nioxin's six systems:
- System 1 "for natural hair with light thinning"
- System 2 "for natural hair with progressed thinning"
- System 3 "for colored hair with light thinning"
- System 4 "for colored hair with progressed thinning"
- System 5 "for chemically-treated hair with light thinning"
- System 6 "for chemically-treated hair with progressed thinning"
Nioxin Intensive Therapy Treatments
The three-part systems offered by Nioxin can be a great start in combating thinning hair and hair loss, but they're not the end of Nioxin's benefits. Intensive Therapy treatments are designed to customize and enhance your Nioxin three-part daily system and deliver maximum results to your thinning hair.
If you have various scalp or hair concerns, you need not limit yourself to one product, but instead, use several products to cater to your individual needs.
- Hair Booster, $58: This product is formulated for scalps with excessive thinning areas or low-density hairlines. Hair Booster is used twice daily. The vitamin-enriched leave-in treatment exfoliates dead skin cells and delivers advanced nourishment to the hair.
- Recharging Complex, $39: This daily multi-vitamin supplement provides super balanced internal nutrition to promote healthy hair growth. It's also great for your skin and nails.
- Deep Protect Density Mask, $21: This deep penetrating reconstructor is designed to strengthen, repair damage, renew elasticity, and reduce chemical stress to the hair.
- Density Defend, $21: This leave-in foam keeps colored hair vibrant and provides UV protection. It also significantly reduces breakage in hair.
- Diamax, $41: This treatment uses HTX technology, which increases strand thickness. Fuller and thicker hair are delivered after using this product.
- Diamax Advanced, $54: This moisturizing treatment helps restore hair's health while making it more voluminous. It protects against breakage and thickens the hair.
Styling Products From Nioxin
Thinning hair is often accompanied by limp, lifeless style. If your hair is thinning, you might have tried plenty of volumizing and reparative products in the past. Nioxin, which understand the issues inherent with thinning hair, unsurprisingly offers a variety of styling products as well. The brand's aim is to style your thinning hair to its fullest potential, without causing further damage or buildup to your hair follicle. It's certainly a good option for anyone experiencing issues with thinning hair.
This is a solid hairspray that gives a long-lasting hold. It's made with PROTHICK technology for a fuller and thicker look.
This dry shampoo is ideal for those with fine or thinning hair. It provides a fullness while absorbing oil, giving hair an instant refresh.