Hair loss, regardless of the reason, can be a devastating experience. Whether you are concerned about future hair loss or you're experiencing thin hair right now, Nioxin might just be the answer you're looking for. With decades of research and a solid reputation for understanding the biology behind hair loss, Nioxin is a product you can trust if nothing else. There is no hype, miracle promises, or unattainable claims with Nioxin.
What is Nioxin?
Nioxin is a brand with multiple lines of hair products and scalp treatments that help optimize the health of the scalp resulting in youthful, healthy-looking, and often thicker hair. Nioxin utilizes advanced technology, including:
- BioAmp: Glycol-proteins that are designed to add thickness and strengthen the hair from inside the cuticle. Cystine acids work to seal the cuticle and help repair damaged fine hair.
- SmoothPlex: A proprietary blend of silk amino acids and kukui nut oil that adds moisture, natural shine and smooth control to medium to coarse hair.
- Glyco-Color Shield: Dual-protection technology protects your scalp from damage and irritation caused by chemical services such as highlights, lowlights, permanent waves, and relaxers while preserving your hair color.
- Transactive Delivery System: A time-release system that is formulated with vitamins, moisturizing nutrients, and botanicals.
- Scalp Access: A micronutrient system that delivers moisturizing nutrients and proteins onto the scalp and hair
Nioxin Scalp and Hair Three-Part Systems
One of the great things about Nioxin is that there is a system or series of products that will benefit every type of thinning hair. Nioxin is designed to provide a healthy scalp, because it gives your hair the best possible foundation from which to grow. Just like the health and look of your skin is greatly dependent upon using the right products and cleansers, the look of your hair is going to significantly improve if you're properly caring for your scalp.
Nioxin's three-part systems are designed for individual hair types. According to their website, 9 out of 10 users of the three-part system report thicker appearing hair when used as directed. To choose a three-part system for you, simply match your hair type with one of Nioxin's 6 systems:
- System 1 "for natural hair with light thinning,"
- System 2 "for natural hair with progressed thinning"
- System 3 "for colored hair with light thinning"
- System 4 "for colored hair with progressed thinning"
- System 5 "for chemically-treated hair with light thinning"
- System 6 "for chemically-treated hair with progressed thinning"
Nioxin Intensive Therapy Treatments
The three-part systems offered by Nioxin can be a great start in combating thinning hair and hair loss, but they're not the end of Nioxin's benefits. Intensive Therapy treatments are designed to customize and enhance your Nioxin three-part daily system and deliver maximum results to your thinning hair issues. You can use one, or several of these products to address individual scalp or hair concerns.
- Hair Booster, $58: This product is formulated for scalps with excessive thinning areas or low-density hairlines. Hair Booster is used twice daily. The vitamin-enriched leave-in treatment exfoliates dead skin cells and delivers advanced nourishment to the hair.
- Recharging Complex, $39: This daily multi-vitamin supplement provides super balanced internal nutrition to promote healthy hair growth. It's also great for your skin and nails.
- Deep Protect Density Mask, $21: This deep penetrating reconstructor is designed to strengthen, repair damage, renew elasticity, and reduce chemical stress to the hair.
- Density Defend, $21: This leave-in foam keeps colored hair vibrant and provides UV protection.
- Diamax, $41: This treatment uses HTX technology in order to make your hair thicker.
- Diamax Advanced, $54: This moisturizing treatment helps restore hair's health while making it more voluminous.
Styling Products From Nioxin
Thinning hair is often accompanied by limp, lifeless style. If your hair is thinning, you might have tried plenty of volumizing and reparative products in the past. Nioxin, who understand the issues inherent with thinning hair, unsurprisingly offer a variety of styling products as well. Their aim is to style your thinning hair to its fullest potential, without causing further damage or buildup to your hair follicle. The line is called Scalp Recovery Styling, and it's certainly a good option for anyone experiencing issues with thinning hair.