To our readers, around the world: The current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a pandemic by The World Health Organization—no doubt, most of you have felt the impact. As the situation remains fluid, we hope to remain a source of inspiration while also being mindful of the changing circumstances around us.
A few days ago, you let us know through an Instagram poll that the majority of you still want to read and consume the same beauty content you’ve come to expect from us—and we’re happy to deliver. We’ve always known that in times of high stress and anxiety, indulging in beauty is the opposite of frivolous—that it can be a mood-boosting tool, a form of self-care, and a simple source of joy. So you can count on us to continue our coverage on the latest product launches, skincare trends, and beauty tutorials (such as our Beauty School series on IGTV).
But we will also prioritize content that recognizes the undeniable effect COVID-19 now has on our day-to-day lives: stories that aim to keep your mind and body well, from how to cope with loneliness when you’re working from home to at-home treatments to try when you’re practicing social distancing, all with expert advice from doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, and more.
As we navigate these uncertain times, it’s more important to us than ever that we stay connected to what our readers want and need. If there is anything you’d like to see more or less of, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com.
From all of us on Team Byrdie, we hope you stay safe, comfortable, and healthy.
—Leah, Faith, Elspeth, Hallie, Lindsey, Holly, Kelly and Star
Below are some stories we think you might find relevant or helpful during this time:
- Ongoing: How Your Favorite Beauty Stores Are Responding to Coronavirus
- 6 Things You Can Do to Boost Your Immune System Right Now
- These 11 Soaps Make Hand Washing Way More Enjoyable
- 7 Ways to Feel Less Lonely While You're Working From Home
- I'm Living in Milan in the Wake of COVID-19—Here's What You Should Know
- Here's How to Safely Treat Flu Symptoms, According to Doctors
- There's a Good Chance You're Approaching This Hand Sanitizer Thing All Wrong
- Working From Home Might Make Burnout Worse—Here’s What to Do
- These At-Home Nail Gel Nail Kits Give You Professional Level Results
- 8 Immune-Boosting Smoothies We Want to Sip All Day Long
- Experts Say These Are the Best Vitamins for Anxiety
- 11 At-Home Products With Spa-Level Results, According to Our Editors
- The Best Workout Apps to Help You Sweat From Home
- We're Obsessed With These 9 Hand Creams—And You Will Be Too
- 8 Supplements That Will Boost Your Immune System, According to a Nutritionist