7 Easy Steps to Create Marbling Nails at Home
One nail trend that's caught our eye lately is marbling nails. Essentially it looks like those super-nice marble countertops you see in trendy kitchens and bathrooms, but you can definitely make your personal version non-basic and chic by using a variety of different colors.
The most interesting part of this nail look is that it's not a sticker you just put on; it's really just like a piece of art that you can do yourself. Here's a basic rundown for you if you want to do it at home:
- Choose what colors you want to mix together, and fill a small, shallow dish with water.
- Apply your base coat to your nails.
- With your first nail color choice, draw out the brush from the bottle, making sure that the brush holds a lot of polish.
- Hold the brush close to the water and let the polish drip down. You'll see that the polish will disperse across the surface into a thin film.
- Quickly repeat the last step with your next color.
- When you've done all your colors, use a toothpick and drag it across to make a cool design.
- Then dip your nail to apply the polish. Clean up with polish remover.
It may sound complicated, but once you try it (or watch all the youtube vids dedicated to it), it really won't be as difficult as it looks. To help you out and give you some inspiration, we've rounded up our favorite looks. Scroll down to see the marbling nail we can't wait to try on.
There are so many colors mixed in (we see blue, green, red, orange, and purple, but feel free to let us know if we missed any) that these marbled nails could've easily turned into a mess. But this look proves that if you want to pack on the color, you can most definitely do so and have it look cool.
This marbling nail look is giving us unicorn vibes in the best way possible. The pink is nicely balanced with the blue and yellow, and it actually looks like a great cross between tie-dye and marble.
Next, check out some other great nail looks you can do yourself.