3-Minute Read: Don't Go to Bed Tonight Without Doing These 4 Things First
Welcome to 3-Minute Read, your midweek rundown of everything we're talking about at Byrdie HQ. Every Wednesday, we'll get you up-to-date on the beauty news you need to know—in just three minutes.
1. You'll need to go to bed like a boss to wake up like one.
Pro tip: While engaging in healthy rituals before bed should ideally be a nightly occurrence, it's valuable to have an especially healthy routine to rely on when you have a big day ahead—say, an important presentation or an interview. Coveteur editor Noah Lehava's is four steps:
1. She powers down. "Putting a hard stop to my work and IG worm-holing by 9 p.m. is imperative," she says. Truer words have never been spoken.
2. She changes into pajamas. It's totally psychological, but we can confirm that waking up in fancy grown-up pj's rather than your ratty college T-shirt is a total confidence booster.
3. She sips on something calming. Skip the red wine, and settle for herbal tea instead, because alcohol isn't going to do your sleep cycle any favors.
4. She engages in some aromatherapy. Calming scents like lavender, peppermint, and patchouli are all scientifically shown to relax the brain.
Should you have time, our bonus tip is to take a bath an hour before bed—when you get out of the tub, your body temperature will drop, signaling your brain that it's time to get some deep sleep.
Shop Our Bedtime Essentials
2. Speaking of seizing the day, here's how to keep your energy revved up for hours on end.
The always-savvy Tone It Up girls swear by a combination of metabolism-boosting HIIT workouts and filling up on protein to complement that afterburn. Head over to Brit + Co for their specific tips.
3. Who could have guessed that this trend would ever make a comeback?
According to The Zoe Report, the press-on nails of the '90s are poised for a grand return. If you're suddenly plagued with traumatic flashbacks of finding those little stickers everywhere, take comfort in the fact that 2017's take is thoroughly modern—and believe it or not, chic.
4. It's time to ditch false lashes once and for all.
See you never, sticky glue: These nine eyelash primers are better alternatives anyway.
5. This cult-fave highlighter just got even better.
YSL just launched its beloved Touche Éclat ($38) in a bright white shade. Consider all your strobing needs officially met.