A DIY Coffee Mask to Jolt Your Skin Back to Life
We’re the first to admit that we kick-start most days with a cup of coffee. After all, lack of sleep is a killer, and coffee is definitely our saving grace. Bonus? Turns out it’s a miracle worker in the beauty department, too.
In honor of National Coffee Day, we enlisted local LA skincare guru and founder of SkinOwl, Annie Tevelin, to enlighten us on how to create an easy, energizing DIY coffee scrub for days when your skin looks as tired as you feel.
What you need:
1) Get a teaspoon of leftover coffee grinds from your daily cup of joe and add it to a small mixing bowl.
2) Then using an eyedropper, add two full vials of your favorite facial oil to the coffee grounds and mix gently. Tevelin suggests the SkinOwl Geranium Oil ($30), which she says is perfect for decongesting, brightening, and reducing the appearance of dark spots.
3) Wash your face using your usual routine and lightly dry your skin with a towel. Make sure your skin is still slightly damp.
4) Apply the scrub directly to your face, avoiding the eye area.
5) If you want a deeper exfoliation, gently massage the scrub into your skin.
6) After 10 minutes, rinse your skin with lukewarm water and massage 10 drops of your facial oil into your skin to rehydrate.
Tevelin suggests adding this mask to your skincare regimen once a week for awakened, revived, and rejuvenated skin.
Bonus tip? Tevelin likes to keep any leftover coffee grinds in her refrigerator for an iced coffee mask to chill, calm, and depuff sallow skin on a hot day!
For some more surprising coffee benefits, click here.
Would you try this DIY mask? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!