Byrdie Is Hiring Spring Interns!
Byrdie is currently seeking editorial interns to begin in spring 2017. If you have a passion for beauty, writing, and/or design, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for candidates with a strong interest in both beauty and writing who are organized and efficient, who work well in a fast-paced environment, and who are looking to grow as writers. Our unique internship program offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of this online magazine and media company while also having the opportunity to gain valuable experience as an online journalist.
Position: Editorial Intern
• Assist the team with market research and sample requests.
• Work with the editors to research, transcribe, and write a variety of features.
• Organize and maintain the beauty closet.
• Keep an eye on celebrity images to identify trends.
• Must be extremely resourceful, with a can-do attitude, and thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize within a multitasking environment.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of celebrities, models, and tastemakers—makeup artists and hairstylists don’t hurt either!
Byrdie beauty interns work out of our offices in Los Angeles or New York City, and candidates must currently be enrolled in school.
Submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Editorial Internship—[YOUR NAME]".