These Were the 25 Best-Selling Beauty Products at CVS in 2017
We know the most-searched beauty brands of 2017 (some of which we were surprised by) as well as the most-searched beauty questions that people looked to Google to answer. Both of these things give us a good indication of the buzziest trends and products from the past 365 days and help us to predict those that are coming up in 2018. But what about drugstore products specifically? Although nothing makes us feel as luxurious as a high-end beauty product or two, there's something especially gratifying about buying multiple beauty products without having to stress about the total amount spent at checkout.
That's where CVS comes in (it happens to be one of our preferred places to pick up drugstore hair and makeup favorites). The company just released the top-selling beauty products from this past year. Because these products proved to be the most popular among our fellow CVS beauty shoppers, this information basically functions as an informal shopping guide. In other words, if there's a product on this list that you haven't gotten around to testing yet, we recommend you do so. Keep scrolling to see CVS's top-selling beauty products.
5. The fifth best-selling beauty product in the cosmetic category are the Beauty 360 Exfoliating Cotton Pads ($3). Use them to fix or remove makeup or apply skincare products like a toner.
4. L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara ($8) is one of our favorite drugstore mascaras. It creates those defined, fluffy lashes we all yearn for. (In fact, this editor is wearing it right now).
3. Revlon's Colorstay Eyeliner ($6) is waterproof and formulated to wear for up to 16 hours.
2. Nyx Professional Makeup Setting Spray ($8) was the second top-selling product in the cosmetic category. This setting spray went viral earlier this year when a customer gave it a glowing, albeit unusual review.
1. The number one top-selling cosmetic product at CVS from this past year is Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish ($10). It's a chip-proof polish that requires no UV light, making it possible to give yourself a gel manicure at home.
5. Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Strips ($8) were the fifth most-popular product in the skincare category. People swear by them for blackhead removal.
4. Another top-selling moisturizer, Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer ($18) has SPF 15 to protect your skin from UV rays.
3. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser ($9) is an absolute classic. It cleanses gently without stripping the skin.
2. Customers reached for CVS Brand Oil Absorbing Sheets ($6) to remove excess shine and oil from their skin (without ruining existing makeup).
1. The top-selling skincare product was Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream Moisture ($26). It's rich and hydrating while also containing exfoliants.
5. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Shampoo ($5) was a popular pick for reducing frizz and dullness.
4. Another drugstore classic that has been around for years is Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo ($7).
3. Surprisingly enough, a supplement made the cut. Viviscal Hair Growth Tablets ($50) contain vitamin C, iron, and biotin to deter hair loss and thinning.
2. The Wet Brush Detangling Brush ($10) has flexible bristles as to not tear or weaken tangled hair.
1. The most popular product in the hair category was none other than Tresemmé Extra Hold Hairspray ($6).
5. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion ($8) contains cocoa and shea butter to soothe and moisturize dry skin.
4. Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion ($8) took the fourth spot in the body-care category.
3. Another lotion, this time a hand cream, ranked third. It's Eucerin Advanced Repair Hand Cream ($6), which moisturizes and exfoliates dry skin.
2. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment ($7) is yet another drugstore classic. We like using this in the dead of winter when our hands, elbows, knees, and heels are especially rough. We even use it as a lip balm in a pinch.
1. Finally, Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer ($12) took the top spot. It imparts a natural-looking tan to the skin. It also promises to reduce the appearance of cellulite by use of ginseng, elastin, and collagen.
Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer ($12)
What's your favorite drugstore product? Tell us in the comments, then see the K-beauty eyebrow thickening gel that's going viral on Instagram.