Byrdie Is Hiring Summer Interns!
Byrdie is currently seeking editorial interns to begin immediately, for summer 2015 and beyond! We are looking for candidates who have a strong interest in both beauty and writing, are organized and efficient, work well in a fast-paced environment, and are looking to grow as a writer. Our unique internship program offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of this online magazine and media company while gaining experience as an online journalist.
Position: Editorial Intern
• Assisting editor with market research and general photo research
• Pitching ideas and writing original stories for Byrdie
• Working with editor to research and transcribe a variety of features
• Helping editor build stories in Byrdie’s content management system
• Working with other interns to organize and maintain the beauty closet
• Assisting on editorial shoots as needed
• Keeping a trained and unwavering eye on celebrity images to identify beauty trends
• Must be extremely resourceful, with a can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize within a multitasking environment
• Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well but also to work proactively and provide self-direction
• Must have excellent written and communication skills
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of celebrities, models, and tastemakers—and a passion for beauty
• Must have Internet savvy
• The ability to intern for two consecutive terms (summer + fall) is preferred, but not essential
Byrdie is located in Los Angeles, and candidates must currently be in school and currently living in Los Angeles. Candidates should be able to commit to two to three full days a week for a minimum of four months. The internship will be on site at the Byrdie offices in West Hollywood.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship.”